The Newest Therapeutic Strategies
This CME activity is designed to address the latest updates in chest and cardiac imaging. Renowned faculty discuss the latest advances in protocol development, lung cancer screening, diagnosis and management of interstitial, diffuse and infectious lung disorders and cardiac imaging. Focus is placed on lung cancer screening program development, lesion classification and manifestation, plus tips and pitfalls in cardiothoracic imaging.
2020 Updates in Thoracic Imaging Topics
• CT Protocols for Today and Tomorrow – Charles S. White, M.D.
• The Many Faces of Atelectasis – Gerald F. Abbott, M.D.
• Infections That May Be Diagnosable on CT – Charles S. White, M.D.
• Pleural Disease Imaging – Gerald F. Abbott, M.D.
• Occupational Lung Disease: More Common Than Suspected – Charles S. White, M.D.
• Pathways to Fibrosis – Jeffrey R. Galvin, M.D.
• Cigarette Smoke Related Diffuse Lung Disease – Jeffrey R. Galvin, M.D.
• Small Airway Injury: Radiology, Pathology and Physiology – Jeffrey R. Galvin, M.D.
• Diffuse Lung Disease Unknown Cases: Rad-Path Correlation – Jeffrey R. Galvin, M.D. and Teri Franks, M.D.
• Imaging of Large Airways – Gerald F. Abbott, M.D.
• Lung Cancer Screening Program: Building for Success – Ella A. Kazerooni, M.D., M.S.
• Typical and Atypical Manifestations of Screen-Detected Lung Cancer – Caroline Chiles, M.D.
• LungRADS – Primer & Updates – Ella A. Kazerooni, M.D., M.S.
• Lung Cancer Screening Performance Metrics – Ella A. Kazerooni, M.D., M.S.
• What the Radiologist Needs to Know About the Adenocarcinoma Spectrum – Caroline Chiles, M.D.
• Missed Lung Cancer and Other Thoracic Mishaps– Charles S. White, M.D.
• Imaging of Mediastinal Disease– Jean Jeudy, M.D.
• Acute Aortic Syndromes– Caroline Chiles, M.D.
• TAVR: Pre and Post-Procedure – Jean Jeudy, M.D.
• Thoracic Aortic Trauma – Caroline Chiles, M.D.
• CT Pulmonary Angiography – U. Joseph Schoepf, M.D., FACR, FAHA, FNASCI, FSCBT-MR, FSCCT
• Cardiac MRI: What the General Radiologist Needs to Know – Jean Jeudy, M.D.
• Coronary CTA in 2019 – State-of-the-art – U. Joseph Schoepf, M.D., FACR, FAHA, FNASCI, FSCBT-MR, FSCCT
• Cardiac CT – From Structure to Function – U. Joseph Schoepf, M.D., FACR, FAHA, FNASCI, FSCBT-MR, FSCCT
• Congenital Vascular Anomalies and Heart Disease – The Basics – Charles S. White, M.D.
• Interesting Cardiovascular Cases – Jean Jeudy, M.D.
After viewing this activity, participants should be able to:
• Discuss technological advances such as iterative reconstruction and dual energy CT and how they impact thoracic imaging.
• Describe the optimal approach to CT lung screening.
• Review the manifestations of screen detected lung cancer.
• Discuss the latest advances in definition and classification of idiopathic and diffuse lung disease.
• Develop an intuitive approach to imaging of the mediastinum.
• Review advancements in cardiac and mediastinal imaging.
• Date of Original Release: January 15, 2020