Help Stop the #1 Killer of Adults in America
Discover new ways to treat and manage your patients with cardiovascular conditions with the AAFP’s Care of Cardiovascular Conditions Self-Study Package. This resource tool allows you to both hone your clinical skills and review key issues that include pulmonary hypertension, dyslipidemia, sleep apnea and heart disease, valvular heart disease, pediatric hypertension, and more—on a schedule that works best for you—in a variety of formats.
This dynamic, 24-session video self-study was recorded from the AAFP Care of Cardiovascular Conditions live course. Use it to improve patient satisfaction while learning the latest required updates, focusing on the treatment of cardiovascular disease, and gain the knowledge you can immediately apply in practice.
• Acute Coronary Syndrome
• Atrial Fibrillation
• Cardiac Imaging and Stress Testing
• Cardiac Rehabilitation: After the Fire
• Cardiac Wellness for Physicians: Becoming Resilient
• Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
• Chronic Kidney Disease
• Health Equity in Cardiovascular Medicine
• Heart Failure: Diagnosis and Management
• Hypertension Urgency and Emergency: Diagnosis and Treatment
• Palliative Management of Heart Failure
• Pediatric Heart Murmurs
• Pediatric Hypertension
• Perioperative Risk Evaluation
• Point of Care Ultrasound
• Smoking Cessation Strategies
• Sudden Cardiac Death
• Syncope: Case Studies
• Treatment of Resistant Hypertension
• Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Prediabetes
• Valvular Heart Disease
• Vascular Emergencies (DVT/PE)
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Assess cardiovascular risk in patients, and formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification to reduce the degree of risk.
• Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and manage common cardiovascular conditions, including: heart failure, coronary artery disease, hypertension and lipid disorders, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation and other dysrhythmias, vascular disease, venous thromboembolic disease, and more.
• Communicate effectively to ensure patient understanding of diagnosis and treatment recommendations, including ongoing follow-up care as applicable.
• Recognize when to refer or consult with other specialists to provide optimal patient care.
• Date of Expire: October 13, 2022