Refine Emergency Care Skills, Master Best Practices
Learn the latest evidence-based treatment and evaluation information with help from this comprehensive self-study package.
Recorded from the AAFP’s Emergency and Urgent Care live course, this 22-session video self-study package allows you to both hone your clinical skills and review key issues that include syncope, assessment of acutely ill elderly patient, acute pain management, and more—on a schedule that works best for you.
• Acute Abdominal Pain: Gastrointestinal Emergencies
• Acute Foot Injuries
• Acute Markedly Elevated Blood Pressure
• Animal Bites and Stings
• Approach to the Agitated Patient in the ED and Acute Care Settings
• Assessment of the Acutely Ill Elderly Patient
• Cellulitis and Cellulitis Mimics
• Common Acute Eye Presentations
• Commonly Missed Orthopedic X-Rays
• Dizziness and Vertigo
• ECG Interpretation – Advanced
• ECG Interpretation – Basic
• Fatal Headaches
• Interventions to Abandon in the ED & UC
• Metacognition and Avoiding Clinical Errors
• Pediatric Emergencies
• Pulmonary Embolism/Deep Vein Thrombosis and Thrombophlebitis
• Respiratory Failure
• Sepsis Recognition and Emergency Department Management
• Syncope: An Innovative Approach to Assessment in the ED/UC
• Top 10-ish (or so) Hot Topics This Year
• Vascular Emergencies
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Prepare treatment plans for patients who might require hospital inpatient care or referral to emergency departments or urgent care for acute health conditions.
• Assess the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients who might present with any number of conditions, including maternity, psychologic, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, or neurologic care.
• Incorporate emergency plans into practice, including written protocols and necessary equipment/tools for treatment.
• Date of Expire: 9/27/2023