OSLER Thoracic Surgery Review 2019
OSLER Thoracic Surgery Review 2019 is designed to update your clinical knowledge-base as well as to help you pass your Thoracic Surgery exams. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board relevant standards of care, incorporating current best practice concepts, surgical approaches, and clinical follow-up strategies. As a result, this course provides a good review for your ABTS exams as well as providing a thorough review for physicians in practice. Many of our previous participants found the course provided them with: improved diagnostic and planning strategies, a better understanding of the best surgical and non-surgical treatment approaches for the principal areas covered by Thoracic Surgeons and helped them recognize areas of weakness for further study.
OSLER Thoracic Surgery Review 2019 Topics
• Transfusions and Coagulation Disorders, Esophagus, Pulmonary Neoplasms, Diaphragmatic Hernias, Chest Wall, Mediastinum Pleura Diseases
• Treacha, Pulmonary Infections
• Congenital Heart Disease I-III, Thoracic Trauma, Aortic Valve Disease
• Coronary Artery Disease and Surgery, Mechanical Assist Devices, Extracorporeal Perfusion, Cardiac Transplant, Mitral Valve Disease, Cardiac Tumors, Cardiomyopathy, Questions and Answers
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Describe the fundamentals of the basic science underpinnings of thoracic surgical technique.
• Discuss evidence-based diagnostic procedures and therapeutic techniques.
• Describe preoperative, operative and postoperative patient care procedures.
• Summarize the principles of surgical technique for the principle areas covered by Thoracic Surgeons.
• Discuss the appropriate application of non-operative management options.
• Release Date: February 21, 2019
• Expiration Date: February 20, 2021
• Estimated Time to Complete: 25 Hours