OSLER Vascular Surgery Review 2020
OSLER Vascular Surgery Review is designed to update your clinical knowledge-base as well as to help you pass your Vascular Surgery written exam. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating current best practice concepts, testing and treatment approaches, and clinical follow-up techniques. As a result, it provides a good review for your Vascular Surgery written exam as well as providing a thorough review for physicians in practice. Many of our previous participants found the course provided them with: improved diagnostic and planning strategies, a better understanding of the best surgical and non-surgical treatment approaches, a better grasp of perioperative critical care, and helped them recognize areas of weakness for self-study.
OSLER Vascular Surgery Review 2020 Topics
2. Endovascular Therapy
3. Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
4. Vascular Trama
5. Thoracic Aorta Aneurysms
6. Aortoiliac Occlusive Diseases
7. AAA/Iliac Artery Aneurysms
8. Visceral Ischemic Syndromes
9. Renovascular Disorders
10. Visceral Artery Aneurysms
11. Introduction to Vascular Surgery
12. Venous Disease
14. Vascular Complications
15. Vascular Labs
16. Dialysis Access
17. Lower Extremity Occlusive Disease
18. Lower Extremity Aneurysms
19. Non-Atherosclerotic Vascular Diseases I
20. Non-Atherosclerotic Vascular Diseases II
21. Upper Extremity Arterial Disease
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Describe the fundamentals of the basic science that underlies vascular disease and its surgical treatment.
• Discuss comprehensive non-operative treatment of vascular disease to include drug therapy and risk factor reduction.
• Explain preoperative risk assessment as well as operative and postoperative critical care procedures for the vascular surgery patient.
• Discuss the fundamentals of vascular disease clinical evaluation to include: plethysmography, duplex ultrasonography, MRI and CT scans, angiography, and other tests used in the diagnosis of vascular disease.
• Appraise the indications and techniques related to open operative treatment of vascular disease of the cerebrovascular system, exclusive of intracranial vessels, as well as thoracic and abdominal vessels and those of the upper and lower extremities.
• Summarize the indications and techniques of endovascular intervention for all major vessels exclusive of intracranial and aortic arteries.
• Release Date: May 17, 2021